Thursday, September 10, 2009

Studio Snapshot: 09-10-09


"The Great Satan" Acrylic on Canvas, 16 x 20 inches,2009





This piece is part of a series that will be on display at Cafe Wha Who. Lately I've thought about what to do with the smaller scale pieces in and around my studio. Those works often consist of small studies for the larger scale works. However, over the past month, I have focused on developing those smaller works into pieces that stand on their own.

I am doing this for a number of reasons. There has been a lot of interest in my work, but my inventory of artwork consists primarily of large scale paintings. I love painting on a large scale, but it can be a logistical nightmare. Some of the problems with large scale works are:

  1. They require a greater investment of time and materials.
  2. They take up a lot of storage space.
  3. They are difficult (and expensive) to transport and ship.
  4. They carry expensive price tags and are more difficult to sell.

By working on a smaller scale, I hope to:

  1. Produce a larger body work in a shorter amount of time.
  2. Increase my exhibition opportunities by having work that is easier to transport and ship.
  3. Provide potential collectors with more buying options.
  4. generate sales by offering more affordable works.

This is an experiment that I hope evolves into something more. Feel free to contact me with any inquiries, comments or suggestions. My goal is to get my work out there and for it to be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment